Vaginal Wetness during Sex: YOU MAY BE WETTER THAN NECESSARY!
Most of us assume that sex is best when wet, but are you feeling as much as you could be from intercourse? Just like a car engine, there is an upper and lower range that is required for maximum performance.
Too much natural lubrication (wetness) during sex reduces pleasure for both partners. Females lose greater stimulation along the vaginal walls. Men lose out on the corresponding ‘tight’ sensation that they love. We all have an optimum level of friction that is required to enable heightened pleasure for both partners, thus leading to easier climax. This level of stimulation can most easily be obtained by experimenting with your wetness level. Sex could be much more satisfying than what you think it already is.
A woman’s wetness level increases naturally as arousal increases. But for some ladies, even the slightest turn-on is enough to produce an extravagant amount of lubrication. If excess wetness is a problem for you, OR if you wish to simply experiment with different levels of wetness, seeking the most pleasurable ‘tight’ sensation for your man, what can you do?
First, realize that there is more involved in sex than just the intercourse part of it. More women achieve orgasms by clitoral stimulation than by intercourse. However, intercourse is an intimate act & should be satisfying when possible. If it is not enjoyable, then a couple will more than likely become romantically distant. This is the beginning of marriage deterioration.
Secondly, you should see your doctor to be sure there is no infection, abnormalities, or other problem causing your excess wetness, especially if it is something new. Don’t take chances!
The most radical solution to excess wetness is surgery. This should be your last resort, & is rarely necessary. Other medical procedures include freezing or lasering the cervix to reduce secretions, electrical stimulation, & treatment with magnetic fields. These treatments can variously be painful, costly, & time consuming. There is no guarantee of success or that the problem will not return.
There are numerous options, but few realistic ones. Here are some common things couples try (including some “old wives tales”) & comments about their effectiveness.
1) Anything that dries up the mouth. In general, if it dries the mouth, then it will also affect the vagina somewhat. Examples would be decongestants, antihistamines, cold formulas, certain antidepressants, alcohol, cigarettes, & marijuana. While these may work to some degree, wetness & corresponding tightness levels are not controllable, not to mention that a dry mouth is not as tasty during kissing & is more conductive to bad breath due to lack of saliva.
2) Try an Alum Douche. We’ve heard of this, but don’t know any doctor recommending it. Alum acts to contract walls of vagina, but can be irritating & cause yeast infections. There’s no way to judge how long it will last nor a way to control the extent of tightening
3) Use a ribbed condom or penis sleeve. Excess wetness remains a problem with or without a condom. Penis sleeves help the man feel more, but tends to numb the woman’s vagina after a few minutes, making her uncomfortable.
4) Douche with plain water. This has some impact by reducing the amount of natural lubrication, but the effect tends to vanish as the woman’s arousal increases, resulting in secretion of even more lubrication.
5) Insert a sponge or cloth. One of the more embarrassing techniques as it must be done intermittently. Couples find this a big turn off. The technique though, is to wrap a thin sheet/towel around a couple of fingers. Insert the fingers to soak up vaginal wetness. Proceed with intercourse. Repeat as necessary. While this method does work, re-entry of vagina is difficult & painful because this method absorbs ALL the lubrication. Within a few minutes however, as arousal increases again, there will once again be too much wetness. With this method, there is no way of controlling the desired level of wetness & tightness.
6) Use of a fan blowing on the genital area. Not a practical solution, as it primarily results in making the couple cold, while having little impact on internal vaginal secretions.
7) Use of birth control pills. An old wives tale without any validity.
8) Repositioning her body. Certain positions, such as closing of the legs, act to tighten the vagina, but unless the man has a longer than average penis, he will find it far less satisfying due to shallower penetration.
9) Insert an ice cube into the vagina to cause muscle contraction. Another old wives tale, not to mention the obvious discomfort.
10) Vaginal Cones. Very similar in concept to kegal exercises. The idea here is to exercise the vaginal muscles by holding an object inside the vagina by flexing the interior muscles. Increasingly heavier weights can be placed inside. The theory is sound, but females have a difficult time staying on this type of program long enough to be of benefit, not to mention that like any muscle, if it is not continually worked, it will lose its strength. The other disadvantage is that to be of benefit during intercourse, the female must consciously flex her interior muscles, thus taking away from her ability to relax & enjoy the act of intercourse itself.
11) Creams. There are a couple of these on the internet now being marketed under many different names. If you already suffer from excess wetness, adding a cream to the existing problem is not going to help. Manufacturers say the creams have a tightening effect on the vagina within 15-30 minutes, but evidence shows that any NOTICEABLE tightening effects is minimal to none. Application of the cream to the interior walls of the vagina is difficult, embarrassing & must be properly timed to correspond with intercourse. Some of the creams contain benzocaine, alum or Vaseline, none of which are recommended for being inserted into the vagina. To check out more on these creams, look on the internet under ‘vaginal tightening.’
12) AbsorbShun natural powder. Is an ‘all-natural’ powder that either the man or woman can apply to the man’s penis. It is simple & quick to use, & has a noticeable moisture absorbing effect within 1-2 minutes. The more powder used, the more absorption, thus allowing the couple to find (and control) their most preferred moisture & tightness level. For more information on this product, go to http://www.absorbshun.com
Whatever option you choose, you should look for a solution that is satisfactory for both partners. Finding the right level of lubrication can lead to greater sexual pleasure, more frequent sex, & a closer relationship between partners.